Monday, June 29, 2009

2 month checkup

Today was Kenzie's two month checkup. I was so curious to see how much she weighed since it seems like she just doesn't get any bigger. I guess it's because I see her everyday. At her one month visit, she was only 8 pounds. Well, my little chunky monkey tipped the scales today at 10 pounds 1 ounce and 22 1/2 inches long. She's getting so big! I still laugh when I think that there are babies that are actually born weighing what she does now (or more!).

Doctor said she's doing great and has hit all of her developmental milestones (plus some in the 4 month category). Then the shots. She gets sooo mad. I held her at her one month visit while she got them and the look she gave me killed me. This time I stood where she couldn't see me and let the nurse give her the shots and then I came over and swooped her up and gave her loving. She cried so much less this time than the last. I was so glad that they have made the vaccines combinations so they have less pokes. Austin got five needles at his two month visit and it was awful. Lucky for Kenzie, she only got two needles and one oral vaccine.

She has been sleeping ever since and is running a low fever but she is my little champ. Austin was in the room with us when she got her shots and I think it gave him a new appreciation for her. He was so concerned about her when she was crying and immediately wanted to console her. He is going to be such a great big brother. Probably a little overprotective, which I'm sure will drive her nuts, but I think they'll actually be pretty close. I feel like such a lucky mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment