Friday, June 5, 2009

Our newest addition

After many years of trying for a little brother or sister for Austin, we got pregnant and were due April 25th. We chose to not find out the sex of the baby ahead of time, which was very difficult to explain to family and friends.

After months of anticipation, we arrived at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women for my scheduled c-section on April 21st. The whole experience was very undramatic compared to the very difficult and stressful delivery with Austin. I was checked in, monitored for about a half hour, got my IV set up, and waited for a free OR. We went back around 5pm and baby came at 5:53pm. Even the doctors and nurses in the OR were excited to see the sex of the baby after finding out that it was still a suprise to us. My doctor let Charles announce the sex to me and I will never forget the look on his face when he looked down at me and said "It's a little girl!" (I was SURE it was going to be a boy- guess mother's intuition isn't always right.)

Our little bitty arrived on April 21st at 5:53pm weighing a whopping 6 pounds 7 ounces and 19 inches long with APGARs of 8 and 9. Even better, the nurses were able to sneak Austin back to the nursery while I was getting stitched up and he was the first, other than Daddy, to see her. He then got to go back to the waiting room and announce to all the family the sex and her stats. Everyone was shocked that it was a girl! After she was here, Austin confided to me that he "really wanted a sister" even though he wouldn't have been upset if it was a boy. Sometimes he just melts my heart.

After raising a boy for the past 6 years, we could not be more happy and excited to start this new journey. Austin is a fantastic big brother and helps wherever he can (sometimes too much so!) I am (so far) enjoying the age gap between the two since Austin is such a grown up kid and able to do so much that it takes a lot of the pressure off me going from one child to two. All in all, I am a very happy mommy right now. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment